March 23, 2014

How do artist see the world?

While attending UVU for art I often wondered how different artist see the world.  I would look across the table and look across the room and see so many different perspectives on the same object.  Yet the one artist that truly inspired me and continues to leave me awestruck is Don Seegmiller.  The picture of the Goblin Rocks above is an attempt of mine to even study the doodles of Don's. 

Don has the ability to look at life and people and see more than others see.  When I look at a cloud I might see a simple duck where Don would see a duck riding a tap dancing dragon, but it doesn't stop there.  Don's inspiration and his excitement for art help encourage artists at every level to begin looking at life in a different way, to see something more then the object in front of them.  I can really say Don helped me on so many levels of my art, by just teaching me to see a little bit more then the duck.  Thanks Don.
If you've never seen any of Don's stuff take a look:
http://seegmillerart.blogspot.com/?m=1
http://www.seegmillerart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment